Saturday, March 29, 2008

Earth Hour

I'm home. I'm tired. My house is a mess. But I've got some exciting things coming up soon on the blog!

Hope everyone is planning on participating tonight in Earth Hour. Since 8pm is about lights out time for the kids anyway, we'll start our Earth Hour a little early. Planning a candle lit dinner (with soy and beeswax candles!) and instead of reading books tonight, we are planning to tell (not scary!) stories in the dark. Hopefully the kids will be asleep before Earth Hour is over. I want to plan a special dessert for Matt and me to eat by candle light. I'd love to hear what you are planning for Earth Hour.
I am also planning on using some of the information from the Earth Hour Lesson Plans to explain to the kids what we are doing. I like their analogy of eating too much of something can make you not feel good and too much driving or electricity use can make the Earth not feel good. Something I think that preschoolers *might* be able to grasp.
Off to find a good story and dessert recipe...

3 comments:

Penny said...

I forgot! *hangs hand in shame*

Dawn said...

Enjoy your candlelight tonight! That's a good idea to start a little early- my kids go to bed around 8 also. I think I'll follow your lead here and start a little earlier with my family.

N. & J. said...

My fiance and I did this each night for Lent and since we have no kids it was a great time to just come together and slow down and talk about our day, our dreams etc.