Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Creativity Update

I have another photography class tonight. I didn't have much time to practice nor did I do my homework for this week. Feeling a little guilty, but that's life with two preschoolers. I am enjoying the class so much that I signed up for the level 2 class. Hoping it will be easier to do my homework when it is warmer outside plus I am feeling frustrated with my come-with-the-camera lens. Can't get a new one until our March buying freeze is over.

Our cohousing community has a group of handcrafters that meets every two weeks to work on projects. After a bit of encouragement and a bit of luck that our normal morning activity was cancelled, I went to my first Purls of Wisdom group on Tuesday morning. It was good for me. I think I'll be able to go to the next one as well. Even better, Matt will be home so I can go sans kids.

I'm also continuing my online creativity class. I am honestly pretty disappointed as I expected so much more. It is also frustrating that most of the rest of the group are single and/or childless. I was hoping to share with more mothers that are short on time and energy. Fortunately my study buddy is a mother also - although she never seems short on either time nor energy! :) It has my wheels turning that maybe I should organize something similar via my blog and get other moms involved. Like I have time to to take on another project...

AND I've slacked a bit the last few weeks in participating in the Make It From Scratch carnival. No slacking for me this week as I am hosting again! I'd like to see some Spring/Easter ideas, and I'd love to have some regular readers participate. Submit your posts by Sunday night.

3 comments:

Everyday Yogini said...

So, does this mean I can just skip listening to the Podcast? I've been dissapointed, too, and have thought that it's a shame that the class is pretty much single gals...

Colorado Knitter said...

I would love to do a creativity class! Glad to hear about your photography. And when are we going to get back to stitching again?

The Cole Mine said...

Oh I'm so glad you're hosting...I have a fun one for you, although it's not springy or Eastery...

Your classes sound SO fun. I look forward to doing more of these when Riley gets a little older and I'm not so tied to nursing. I'll have to get recommendations from you!