Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - Natural Peanut Butter

We love natural peanut butter (and almond butter and cashew butter...) in our house, but I hate trying to mix up all the oil that collects on the top when you first open the jar. It is so messy and prevents my preschoolers from being able to help spread the peanut butter.

It works well to store natural nut butters upside down in the pantry. When you open the jar, all the oil is at the bottom of the jar instead of the top. Makes mixing the oil back into the nut butter much easier!

And if you don't like my simple solution, I saw a helpful tool in the Febuary issue of Real Simple magazine - Peanut Butter Mixer!

This week check out more WFMW at Don't Try This At Home

And don't forget to enter my SIGG Giveway this week!

10 comments:

Meredith A. said...

Great tip! After I stir up our almond or peanut butter, I keep it in the refrigerator! It helps to keep it all nice and combined!

Dawn said...

Great idea. I keep mine in the refrigerator also.

Monica said...

Thanks for the tip! I"m going to give this a try.

Beth said...

...was going to say the same thing! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

that's a great tip!

i get our nut butters fresh from vitamin cottage. they have a peanut and almond grinding machine in the store. for some reason, when you get it that way, the oil doesn't separate.

Gray Matters said...

You are so right - so messy. I will definitely try out this tip instead of doing what I usually do - using every tiny bit of peanut butter in the jar in hopes that my husband will sweep in like a super hero and stir up the new jar for us!

molly said...

brilliant!

denise said...

Oh, I like the little tool. My son, who already obsesses about the whole application of any nut butter on his bread, will be in preschooler heaven!

devildogwife said...

Thanks for the great tip! I'll have to give that I try. I saw the peanut butter mixture in Real Simple, but I'm trying to resist. ;)

N. & J. said...

Thanks for the neat idea. We buy organic peanut butter but when our current jar runs out we want to try the grinding machine at the grocery store.

http://badhuman.wordpress.com