Sunday, February 03, 2008

Sick, Sick, Sick

That's the story in our house. Jack really has the worst of it. He had croup last Sunday and Monday, a high fever Tuesday and Wednesday, a runny nose Thursday and Friday (but seemed to feel better - I even took the kids to the zoo Friday afternoon). Then Friday evening hit. Jack got really cranky and had a difficult time going to sleep. He got into bed with me about 11pm but tossed and turned (and kicked!) for several hours. At about 2am he was wide awake complaining that he was hungry and his ear hurt. I got him some milk, rubbed his ear, and finally got him to sleep about 4am. I couldn't go to sleep until about 5am. Luckily our pediatrician was in the office Saturday morning. Jack has a raging ear infection. We started antibiotics and numbing drops, but he was still really restless last night. I haven't gotten more than a few hours of sleep in over a week.

To top it off, Matt has been in Utah skiing since Thursday so I was on my own with one sick child and one stir-crazy child. I can't wait for him to be back in a few hours. I need a nap. I'm really cranky!

Because we've been stuck at home all weekend, we have done a couple of fun crafts. I'll try to post about them later today.

7 comments:

Mosaica said...

pssst...

You WON! Come on down! er, over! Send me your particulars and I'll send off your teeny lippy knapsack tomorrow :-)

The Cole Mine said...

Oh I am so sorry. That sounds just awful. The crud is definitely going around and I hope everyone feels better soon. Hang in there!

Penny said...

Man - what a nice few days huh? I hope the drugs get working and you all get some good rest.

Everyday Yogini said...

Awww, Kristen, I'm so sorry... I hope you got a nap. That stinks! If we were there, I could at least take Kate off your hands for a bit! Feel better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Earaches can be treated without the use of antibiotics sometimes. I simply drop warm olive oil, coconut oil or garlic oil in the ear and rub the bottom of the ear so that it absorbs thoroughly. I have four children and have never had to use antibiotics for earaches. But, since you have, be sure to increase good bacteria into your child so the yucky bacteria doesn't get a strong foothold. As, I am sure you are aware, the antibiotic is killing ALL bacteria--good and bad. Don't want the bad guys to take over!

the mama bird diaries said...

Oh I'm so sorry.

My daughter just had Crup. It stinks.

And it is so tough when you have one sick kid, one stir crazy kid and your husband is away.

I feel for you. Hang in there.

Tiffany said...

Having sick kids suck! Mikayla had a bad cold on Monday and she was a "joy" to be around! Post your craft ideas I would love to have some ideas to do with Mikayla but I am at a loss as to what to do.