Thursday, February 21, 2008

Photography Class

I went to my second photography class last night. We learned a lot about camera settings, aperture, and shutter speed. Since I know NOTHING about photography, it was fascinating to learn so much!

Our first class last week we discussed some of the elements of photography compostion. Our assignment was to choose several elements of compostion and bring in some of our best shots using those elements. We were to keep our cameras on auto and only think about composition. We also weren't supposed to fiddle with the pictures using editing software. I was lucky to be able to do my assignment on the beach...
Perspective Vs Distance

Rule of 3


Textures/Patterns


Unique Angles (the one I used for class is of Jack with a bare-bottom so I'm opting on my blog to show this one instead!)


Layering

Contrast and Juxtaposition


Pathways and Curves


A Few Others That I Really Liked - I took a lot of feet on our trip!

9 comments:

Penny said...

Cool! Love that pathways and curves one :)

Dawn said...

Those are some great photos. It looks like you're learning so much.

Erin said...

Your photos are amazing! I've always wanted to take a photography class. I really like the pathways and curves and contrast photos.

Jen said...

GREAT photos...I loved my photog class too. I think I'd like to take more to learn different things from a different teacher.

Gray Matters said...

What great pictures - my pictures have never looked that way. What type of camera do you use?

Tiffany said...

Those are great - you are learning alot. Maybe I should take a photography class.

The Cole Mine said...

Love the feet!!!

Kind of Crunchy Mama said...

Great shots. Love the chubby little feet.

Colorado Knitter said...

I like the composition of the seagulls. But they are all wonderful.