Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday Morning

We had a great weekend in the mountains. Lots of snow. Lots of skiing. Then lots more snow. Because of the blizzard, the drive home was horrible. It was white-out conditions most of the trip. I didn't drive faster than 20mph over one mountain pass. Couldn't see further than 50 feet in front of the car. Lots of cars off the road and even a few flipped cars. Thankfully we made it home safely.

Kate's birthday went well. It was pretty low key. A few gifts, a chocolate chip cookie cake, a balloon and a lot of admiring how big our 4 year old was. She also insisted most of yesterday that we call her "Birthday Ski Girl!" LOL

Back to the mile long TO DO list at home. I've hired a babysitter one afternoon a week so that I can get some work done on a few projects I have going. Also looking forward to my father-in-law's visit this coming weekend. I am planning some alone time at home while he is here.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Happy birthday to the "Birthday Ski Girl", she's so cute. I'm glad you made it home safe, I don't like driving in those kind of conditions at all.

Penny said...

Happy birthdayski ski girlski!

Glad you made it back safe home :)

Mom2Cass said...

Welcome Home!

Hope your sweet girl had a wonderful 4th Birthday. It doesn't see possible...our babies are *really* FOUR? Cass turns on 3/7. :)

Stacy

Erin said...

did you get some Mary's Mountain Cookies?