Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day!

I wish Feb 29th came around more often, because it has been a fabulous day! It is a GORGEOUS Colorado day... high 60s and not a cloud in the sky. I got a really good run in this morning. It is the first run that has actually felt good since I started back running a few weeks ago. This afternoon I took the kids to the garden store and picked out some seeds for our garden. I thought it would be fun to try some starts this year. I think the kids will have fun watching our seeds grow. After the garden store, we stopped at a local drive-in for lunch. It is a great place that sell local, hormone-free meat, but we just had grilled cheese! We ate it outside in the warm sun. Ah! Ran into an acquaintance at the drive-in who invited us to the park. After lunch we went to the park. The kids were thrilled to be outside running around, and I met a new mom that I really liked. Came home, the kids had quiet time, I folded my enormous stack of laundry, and now I'm going to prepare for my father-in-law's visit this weekend.

Really starting to look forward to spring. We have lots to do to prepare for spring. Only about 6 more weeks until we can start planting some cold weather crops. And have I mentioned that I got a worm composter off Freecycle? It is all set up and ready to go. Matt doesn't want it inside, so I'm going to wait another month before I order worms. Can't wait to blog about our pet worms!

ps - I'm not about to stop blogging... you can't get rid of me that easily! :)

6 comments:

Dawn said...

It sounds like a perfect day. I can;t wait to read more about you worm composter.

p.s. I'm glad you're not going to quit blogging :)

Everyday Yogini said...

Sounds like a great day!!! How exciting that you got a worm composter! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Erin said...

Don't you just love days like those and this beautiful weather. And then snow tomorrow. Boo! I'm glad you're not stopping blogging too!

Penny said...

Good luck with the seeds! And the worms too. :)

Anna said...

What a delightful day!

Mama said...

We are about to get our worms too, I look forward to hearing how your composter does!