Saturday, February 09, 2008

CFLs vs Mercury

Thought this Slate article on CFLs and Mercury was a good article. Most of our local energy is derived from coal, so even more important that we use them in our house! To see how clean your local energy is, check out this old post.

Funny thing about the mercury... I remember when I was much younger, a mercury thermometer broke in our house, and my mom let us play with the mercury! I still remember how much fun playing that mercury blob was!

3 comments:

Everyday Yogini said...

YOUR MOM LET YOU PLAY WITH IT?????

That is hilarious... I hope I see her sometime soon, so I can razz her about it!

I was in so much trouble when my parents caught me with the mercury! But you are right, it was so fun...

Jen said...

I'm cracking up! I remember the same thing!...but it was my dad. I remember how much fun that mercury blob was too. Can I find some problem of mine to blame on that?

Piecake said...

I remember it being fun to play with until my Mom found me and FREAKED OUT! Apparently she knew it was bad stuff...so much bad stuff is fun; it's just not fair!