Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - Baby Washclothes Instead of Cotton Balls

I loved participating in Works for Me Wednesday last week, so I've decided to participate weekly and share some of my little green ideas that I would normally feel silly writing an entire post about.

Toner isn't supposed to be necessary for cleaning your face, but I love it. (for the record my favorite toner is Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Toner) I don't, however, love all the cotton balls it takes to use toner. Instead of cotton balls I've been using the excess of little baby washclothes that we own after two babies. Regular washclothes absorb too much toner, but the baby washclothes are just perfect. I use one corner for every application, so a single washcloth makes it through at least two days. I throw the used washcloth in the laundry and use it again when it is clean. I'm recycling an item for a different use, I'm reusing that item over and over, and I'm reducing my waste by not using cottonballs!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Great idea. I love using Burt's Bees products.

Colorado Knitter said...

That is a super idea! I found these on Etsy I thought it was very GreenStyleMom:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9250907
I think I am going to order some.

the mama bird diaries said...

oooh. That's super smart. I like it.

Gray Matters said...

Great idea. I would love to post this on my 3 R Thursday post - would that be ok?

Penny said...

Great tip!

Tiffany said...

That is a great idea. Too bad I don't have any. I am using regular wash clothes with Lily. Maybe I should a couple.