Tuesday, January 08, 2008

New Year's Resolution #1

So I'm a little slow in posting about my New Year's Resolutions, and I'll probably take another few weeks to actually post about all of them even though I have had them formulated in my head for quite awhile.




Resolution #1 is to be more creative. I consider myself to be a fairly creative person, but since becoming a mother, I find that I do not express my creativity as much. The odd thing about that is that I find I enjoy being a mother more when I am creative both on my own and with my children. So starting 2008 I am going to schedule more creative time. Here are are some of the steps I am planning on taking to accomplish my goal...
  • Participate in the weekly blog carnival Make It From Scratch. The carnival was started by Stephanie at Stop the Ride, and today's edition is being hosted by The Common Room. Check it out!
  • Take a photography class (I'm already enrolled and will start in February!)
  • Plan at least one craft with the kids every week
  • Take an art class with Jack while Kate is in preschool (Already enrolled in this also! I did this with both kids this summer, and we all really enjoyed it. Nothing like making a big mess and not having to clean it up! Jack and I start in a few weeks)
  • Bake more with the kids and try not to get frustrated when they fight or spill flour...

8 comments:

The Cole Mine said...

All sound like great resolutions! I need to get more creative w/Josh too! Like your ideas...I also saw an idea on another blog about being creative with FLOAM http://www.floamit.com/. I had never heard of the stuff but I think we'll try it one of these days. Good luck with your resolutions!

ames said...

That's a great resolution, and I sure hope your kids appreciate your efforts to raise them creatively! I know I owe a whole lot of where I am today to my mom's efforts. Another "creative" thing we always did was make our own Halloween costumes (planned months in advance) and then recycled them into a costume box to play dress-up with. All of our cousins and friends from our childhood recall that costume box fondly :D

Tiffany said...

Please post your craft ideas because I would love more things to do with Mikayla but I am not creative so I want easy craft ideas that we can sit down and do together.

Dawn said...

That's a great goal to have for the new year. I'm also trying to be more creative. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Penny said...

a fun resolution! I must participate more in mifs too

Don Mills Diva said...

Those are great resolutions. You already seem pretty creative though - love your blog!

Lulu said...

All of your steps sound totally doable! A photography class is definitely worth it - but it only intensifies the passion! :)

Jessie said...

Great resolutions - if I were to do some (and I am not this year) - they sound like they could be mine. Good luck to you mama and I will be checking on your progress - can't wait to see the photos from your class!

Happy New Year!