Thursday, January 31, 2008

Meme

Everyday Yogini tagged me with a meme. Today is a good day for a meme since we are still recovering from the plagues. We've had it all this week - bad colds, croup, high fevers, upset tummies, and horrible epigastric pain (that was me - ucler? gall bladder? indigestion? Just a tummy virus? Whatever it was, it was horrible!). The only one who seems immune is Matt which has been great because I needed him to take care of us.

Enough about our woes, on to the meme...


In the Past year (I'm using 2007):
What was your most embarrassing moment?

Not too many really embarrassing moments in 2007 although I could be blocking them out! Probably last summer when I was riding my bike and my shoe fell off in the middle of a busy intersection. Had to turn around (not easy while pulling the kids!) to retrieve it admist many, many onlookers.

What are you proudest of achieving?
In the past year I am most proudest of running my first 5K. It isn't very far for a "runner" but it sure seemed like a long way when I went on that first run!

What would you do differently with the benefit of hindsight?
For anyone around long enough to remember our cohousing drama, I probably wouldn't have fought the fight. I would have just moved. It took too much out of me. I'm still having my own emotional issues with it.

What did you love about last year?
I'll be honest, 2007 was a pretty sucky year for us, so it is a bit difficult for me to look past all the negatives to see the positives. But when I do, there were really so many wonderful things about 2007. What do I love the most? Probably all the new people I have met. It was a good year for new aquaintances.

In the Next year (I'm using 2008):
What do you want to say you accomplished next year on this day?
That I completed the 10 mile run that I am planning on doing this spring.

What are you looking most forward to in the next year?
Travel! I don't know if I've made it public on the blog yet, but my father has taken a job based out of London. My parents will be living in Europe at least part time for a few years. I can't wait to take our kids on their first trip abroad!

What goal of yours are you most tantalized by?
Oooo... I can't go into details yet on my blog, but I have a few endeavors (both personal and professional) that are really exciting to me. I just need to find the time and energy to make them work.

If you knew you only had the next year to live, what would you make sure to do? What is stopping you?
I'm not sure I would do much differently. I would want to spend as much time as possible with family and friends, but that is already a constant in my life.


I am passing this meme on to Shannon, Ashlee, and Meredith

4 comments:

Everyday Yogini said...

I'm sure glad you fought the good fight this year in cohousing... sorry you have been feeling lousy! I hope you are all on the mend and feeling better. I know 2008 is going to be a great year for you guys.

It has to be, right? Kate is almost four. :)

village mama said...

Way to accomplish your 5k running goal!

I'm a "runner", have completed 4 full marathons, and you completing a 5k makes you a "runner" too.

Jen said...

Oh wow! London! I've been once and loved it...much like my love for New York! They're not selling the house here, are they?

The Cole Mine said...

Oh I am so impressed by your 10 mile run goal!! May 2008 bring lots more travel, even more success, even more new friends and lots of continued QT with those you love! I'll try to respond to this meme over the weekend. :)