Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Sustainable Reading

Since I am probably going to be blogging about a lot of books I am reading, I thought I'd tell everyone about a site I've been using. Eco-Libris is a way you can "balance" out the books that you buy. You purchase book credits for $1 each. For every book credit, Eco-Libris plants a tree and sends you a sticker (made from recycled paper!) for your book. I have been adding the stickers to books I purchase (new or used) including the many books that I am giving for Christmas gifts this year.

7 comments:

ames said...

That is just the coolest thing ever! I am all over that.

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

that's very cool. thx for sharing!

Meredith A. said...

Never heard of that before! Neat!

Penny said...

How cool!
Book exchanges are good too. :-)

Penny said...

oh - and need I mention librariesas an alternative to buying books you may not want to keep? ;-)
heh heh

Raz Godelnik said...

Thanks for mentioning Eco-Libris!

I would also like to recommend to those who are looking for green books that are also great gifts to check out our weekly green guide for book lovers on our blog.
Here's a link to the recommendations we had so far - http://www.ecolibris.net/holiday_guide.asp

Happy Holidays,

Raz @ Eco-Libris

Everyday Yogini said...

What a super-cool idea!! I love it!!