Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday Menu Plan

Keeping it easy this week as we prepare for our trip to NYC next week. Don't want to have any leftovers.
Monday - Leftover Chili Blanco (I didn't make it until last night since Matt brought home Indian takeout on Friday)
Tuesday - Southwestern Risotto (I'll post the recipe later)
Wednesday - Baked Chicken, steamed broccoli, butternut squash (I want to do something new and different with it, but I haven't decided what... any ideas?)
Thursday - Kids' Meal - English muffin pizzas
Friday - Rosemary Garlic Spinach Cakes (recipe below) served with whole wheat spaghetti and Rao's Marinara

Rosemary and Garlic Spinach Cakes
(from the Cascadian Farms spinach box)
2 tsp olive oil
1 cup onions, chopped
3 minced garlic cloves
10 oz thawed spinach, drained
2/3 cup instant potato flakes
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup grated parmesan
2 tsp fresh rosemary ( ½ tsp dry)
½ cup bread crumbs
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
marinara sauce

Heat olive oil over med heat. Add onion, garlic and spinach. Sauté for 3 min. Add remaining ingredients and combine well. Scoop and flatten into patties. Saute both sides of cakes until golden brown. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 10 min. Serve with marinara sauce.

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

mmmm. i might have to try those spinach cakes...

ames said...

ooh, me too! Do you have a favorite brand of frozen spinach? I've completely struck out the last few times I used it, the flavor was just horrible! I'm hoping it's the brand I tried...

Penny said...

sounds yummy!

Kelly said...

Have you tried thsi for the butternut squash? http://thepioneerwomancooks.com/2007/11/butternut_squash_puree_try_it_or_ill_deck_ya_.html
Yeah, I'm addicted to her site. can't beleive I forgot to include her in my list of blog favs.

The spinach recipe sounds yummy.

Ashlee said...

this recipe was just posted on my friend's blog. made me think of you. http://kellamina.blogspot.com/2007/12/good-soup.html