Saturday, December 29, 2007

Gratitude Practice

This has been a very tough week for me both physically and emotionally. After a week of crazy travel, quickly followed by the holidays, plus some personal issues, I am ready for a break. We are spending the rest of 2007 in the mountains enjoying the winter activities - skiing, making snowmen, and drinking hot chocolate! Hope you are also enjoying the last weekend of 2007.

This week I am grateful for my little family.

I am unbelievably grateful for my very supportive husband who is always there for me. Sometimes I am amazed at how well he puts up with my frequent crankiness. This week he set aside his own desires to make sure I got what I needed (even before I recognized what I needed!).

I was also reminded this week of how lucky I am to have my two beautiful children. I am so grateful that I was able to bring them into this world with so little effort and that they are healthy, strong, and capable (even if they seem a bit too capable at times!). Sometimes I take it for granted how lucky I am to have them.

I hope you find time this week for your own gratitude practice.

6 comments:

Penny said...

{hugs}
I hope the New Year year brings you joy :-)

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

big hugs to you.
hope you had a nice break in the mountains. it sounds like a great family time. :)

Everyday Yogini said...

Kristen, I hope your New Year is relaxing and happy. I tried to call you this afternoon and your message machine is full!! You popular lady, you!

Kelly said...

Hope you are enjoying the last minutes of 2007 in peace and happiness with your family.

BTW - I love your weekly gratitude practices. I think I might have to steal that idea (if it's ok with you, of course).

mama bird said...

Oh I'm bummed I missed your charity giveaway. What a fantastic idea! LOVE it.

Angela Miller said...

We all have so much to be grateful for! I know that I often take so many things for granted. Thanks for sharing your heart with us on your blog.

BTW, I got your Christmas card and it is so cute!!!