Wednesday, November 07, 2007

TV Interview Airs Tonight

You thought I wasn't going to post today, didn't you? I wasn't sure if I was going to have time to post today. We've been busy but mostly a good busy. I am in the last week of my online class and trying to finish by the deadline this weekend (which is really stressing me out!). I still need to spend time with a lactation consultant this week, and I have some written homework left. It has been a really interesting class, but I don't think I'll be going back to school anytime soon. It is really hard with two little ones. Kudos to any of you who do it.

Tonight my big interview with the local Fox news station is airing. I don't think I ever elaborated on how the interview went. I was a bit nervous and found that I said some silly things with a camera in front of me. I had a few giggle moments, and I hope I come across as semi-intelligent. Thank goodness for editing! I can't wait to see the finished product tonight. Hopefully someone local will record it for me so that I can post it eventually.

We'll see what makes the final cut, but the lifestyle choices that I tried to highlight were
  • Organic & local foods
  • Environmentally friendly cleaning and personal products
  • Reusable bags
  • Composting
  • Recycling
  • Smaller living space with shared community space
  • Home that is built green and energy efficient
  • Wooden toys
  • Recycled home products

I think they may also do a blurb on my blog, so welcome to any new reader and visitors!

I have some more giveaways and discount codes coming soon. I also am going to choose the PIF recipients this weekend, so there is still time to comment if you want to be included. And I am planning to host a birth story carnival next Tuesday, so start writing out your birth stories!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I thought you weren't going to post!

Can't wait to see the interview- Joe will get a copy for you.

Good luck with that homework. You are in the home stretch!

Off to watch FOX!!
:)

Penny said...

Hope you'll be able to post it so I can see it :)

Everyday Yogini said...

Way to go!! I wish I could somehow see it!

Tiffany said...

So if I watch fox news tonight I will get to see you??? What time is it suppose to me on? I will watch but I can't record - sorry

Stacy said...

Are you studying to become a lactation consultant? (is that your online class?) Or were you meeting with a consultant for yourself?

I took a course in post-partum doula training and breastfeeding when Orlando was 1 1/2, but I haven't "done" anything with it yet. I figure I will have to wait until my kids are older to practice.

Congrats on the interview!