Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Spinach Balls

I didn't do Monday Menu Plan this week because I am off cooking duty this week while we are away for Thanksgiving. Instead I'll share this recipe that I've been making it anytime I need to bring an appetizer to an event. It is a recipe my mom always made. I'm posting it at the request of Shokufeh.


Spinach Balls
2 10oz packages of chopped frozen spinach, cooked and drained
2 cups herbed seasoned stuffing mix (I found an organic brand at the grocery store)
1 large onion, chopped (I like it finely chopped in the food processor)
5 beaten eggs
3/4 cup melted margarine
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon garlic salt (I often use fresh garlic plus reg salt)
1 tsp pepper


Mix everything together. Chill 2 hours. Roll in small balls. Bake on cookie sheet for 20 min at 350. Let cool 3-5 minutes before serving or balls fall apart when taken off cookie sheet. Can freeze before baking. Makes about 90 balls.

7 comments:

Angela said...

Wow! Those sound simple and totally amazing. I will print this out and hopefully make them sometime soon.

Everyday Yogini said...

Mmmmm, delicious! I can't wait to make these! Hope you are having a good time!

shokufeh said...

Mmm, these sound good! Thanks so much for posting the recipe.

Dawn said...

That recipe was just what I needed for a party I'm going to. Thanks for posting.

Penny said...

Sounds good :)

Jayanthi said...

Fabulous. I hope to make these in an Indian dish called malai kofta (kofta is vegetarian meatballs!) Thanks

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

ooh, those sound delicious. :)


btw, my holiday toy gift guide is up!