Monday, November 26, 2007

New Holiday Tradition

How many times do you need to do something for it to become a tradition? Is two years in a row sufficient? For the second holiday season in a row, Kate has taken the scissors to her own hair and given herself a fabulous new do. This year she decided that Jack has enough hair to join in the festivities.

After hollering, "KATE!" and watching her scamper away, all I could do was give a good sigh and smile. And take them out to get the do's freshened up. The stylist was awesome. She blended Jack's chopped hair enough that he didn't have to have his head buzzed, and she gave Kate the cutest little stacked bob - as short as a bob can get - with a little unevenness of the sides where Kate did her finest work. I'll post some pics when I get home.

Sigh.

7 comments:

Meredith A. said...

When I was about 5, I was supposed to be "pretend" cutting my older sister's hair, but I actually ended up cutting about 5 inches off... and I stuffed it in the couch to hide it. That didn't work so well. Wow, the things we do when we are little. I can't wait to see pictures :)

Penny said...

LOL! Oh dear. So far so good in our house WRT hair cutting and scissors.

Ashlee said...

wow. didn't she just finish growing the last haircut out?? ;)

no doubt they look adorable!

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

oh my goodness - 2 years in a row? so glad i haven't had to deal w/ this *yet*. ;)
looking forward to pics.

Everyday Yogini said...

Kate is an artiste, Kristen. You cannot quash the spirit of creativity and originality! :) Can't wait to see the new do's!

erin said...

ah, yes. just experienced that for the first time, myself. how nice of you to take them to get the do's freshened... !!!

Kelly said...

Oh no! My five year old gave herself a haircut a while ago - freaked me out! She has a bit of a 'fro going on, so it's not as easy to see clean cuts. While washing her hair, it was just coming out in clumps, handfulls of hair! We finally got her to confess, after about 30 minutes of frantically trying to figure out why her hair would be falling out!