Saturday, November 17, 2007

Interview with Greenstylemom

(If you are looking for my TV interview, it is below!)

Awhile back (okay, a long while back) Amy at Crunchy Domestic Goddess was interviewed by a fellow blogger and offered to interview any of her readers. It has taken me much too long, but I finally found some quiet time to answer.

1) What was your inspiration for starting your blog?
I had been contemplating a blog for several years (even had my Blogger account!) but just never felt I had the time to start. One afternoon on a long drive, I was listening to a podcast by Hip Tranquil Chick featuring the founders of Ladies Who Launch. I was inspired to just start writing and see where it goes.

2) You have two beautiful children. Do you feel your family is complete or do you see more children in your future down the road?
I am pretty sure our family is complete. Occasionally I have an urge to add another child, but I also like the balance in our family. I am also enjoying the increased freedom of having older children. I'm not sure I want to return to the baby days. However, Matt won't do anything permanent because he says that he is only 98% sure that we are done.

3) What little known fact about you might surprise some of your readers?
Everyone always seems surprised to find out that I was a waterpolo player in college.

4) If you could ask everyone in the world to make one single change to benefit the earth, what would it be?
Recycle everything they can. It isn't that difficult, but I am amazed at how much people complain about it or don't think it matters. It sickens me when I think of the amount of waste that we produce.

5) Let's say you are going to be stranded with your family on a deserted island for 90 days. What 3 things would you take with you and why?
- My laptop to stay connected to friends and family (there is Wi-Fi on this island, right?)
- Sunscreen for my red headed husband and his sensitive skin offspring (although both kids tan)
- A collection of children's novels that we can read out loud around the campfire

It is interview weekend - I am doing another interview tomorrow!

2 comments:

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

thanks for playing along, kristen. :)

Penny said...

TFS ;)