Thursday, November 01, 2007

Girls-Only

No, I'm not doing another post about how much I love my mooncup...

Kate and I are taking off today for a girls-only weekend. We are going to the grand opening benefit for the new American Girl store. I think I may be more excited than Kate!

One of my bestest friends Krista and her daughter Abbie are joining us from Minnesota. Krista and I know each other from way back when we both started working as new graduate nurses at Parkland Hospital (infamous for being the place where JFK died and where Matt and I met). Krista and I met in computer class and have had many wonderful adventures together. We even lived together for a short time. Eventually she moved back to Minnesota to be near her family, but we have remained friends and have seen many changes together. We were in each other's weddings and between the two of us, have supported each other through a combined 6 babies and 6 moves. We even have children days apart (my 1st, her 3rd!). I sometimes talk to Krista on the phone almost as much as I talk to my mom!

5 comments:

Penny said...

Sounds like fun! :) Enjoy your break.

Geggie said...

I love girls getaways. I'm doing one in DC next weekend with my best friend and her new 2 mth old baby daughter.

AnnieM said...

Ooo, Make sure to take some pictures to share! Have a great time! I can't wait for Harper and I to do fun things like that.

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

have a great time! :)

Jessie said...

Have a great time - I have a friend like that too, we are miles apart but the best of friends. I love how the hospital is famous for 2 things - JFK and your meeting :) Take care!