Monday, November 19, 2007

Free Subscription to Organic Gardening Magazine

After reading Mindful Momma's post on the Horizon boycott, I switched over our yogurt brand to Stonyfield Farm. When I opened a tub of yogurt last week, I noticed on the bottom of the lid seal that you can receive a free one-year subscription to Organic Gardening magazine by sending in 4 of the specially marked lids. We our big yogurt eaters so our family uses about 2 tubs a week. Since I'll have my subscription and extra lids in no time, and I am considering using the offer to give a free gift or two as well. You can get details here.

6 comments:

Ashlee said...

and here i was feeling good about horizon since it's organic AND local. bummer.

Meredith A. said...

Thanks so much for that link! I had no idea there was such a report, but I am thrilled to see it! I would switch between Organic Valley, Horizon, and the Whole Foods brand... but now I know better! Thanks again!

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

wow - what a great offer. :)

Jenny said...

Ashlee, if you're local to Colorado I would suggest looking into Wholesome Milk Products. While they're not technically organic, they're local to the Denver area and produce high quality milk. You can also get non-homogenized milk from them which is something that Horizon doesn't offer. That's what we did until we were able to purchase a cow share.

Jen Steubing said...

Thanks for this info. I usually buy Whole Foods Organic milk. But for yogurt, cheese sticks, cottage cheese, and sour cream I usually buy Horizon. I'll find another brand next weekend when I do my grocery shopping. Bummer b/c I've actually been waiting for our Whole Foods to start carrying Horizon's new milk plus DHA for Sam. I take my omega vitamins in my prenatals, but since I weaned Sam I've been a little concerned about him not getting them anymore in my breastmilk...we haven't yet introduced any fish to him...hmmm, maybe it's a good time to start thinking about that. I kind of got off the subject, but do you have any suggestions for getting the omega 3s in the kids' diets?

Knitting Fanatic said...

yikes! No more Horizon for us for awhile. Kristen ~ I am definitely interested in the free subscription if you have any extra lids. That is a great magazine.