Monday, November 05, 2007

Football!

Go Cowboys!! They beat the Eagles last night! Woohoo! (okay, I'm not really a big football fan, but Matt likes to watch and I like Matt so sometimes I end up watching) I was semi watching the game last night with Matt when a segment caught my attention. Did you know that the Philadelphia Eagles are a green football team? And I don't mean just their uniform color? The announcers mentioned that the Eagles' stadium serves drinks in green plastic cups. I did a little online research and found that the tickets and programs are printed on recycled paper, the stadium has recycling bins, the machine that vacuums the field after games runs on biodiesel, 30% of the power comes from so-called clean sources (wind power and methane reclaimed from landfills), and the team office building has solar panels. The team also has a pretty intense tree-planting program to offset their carbon-emitting plane rides. Read more about what they are doing on their Go Green website.



I'm still a Cowboys and Colts fan, but it almost makes me want to become an Eagles fan...

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

very very cool, Kristen. i've been thinking about how un-green hospitals are. it makes me a little crazy. i know things need to be wrapped and sterile and all that, but even just the amount of styrofoam cups and plates etc we use each day is ridiculous. hmmm.

ames said...

Wow, good for the Eagles, I'm impressed!

Penny said...

impressive!

Joe said...

Shannon showed me your football post.
With this new knowledge that you are a Dallas Cowboys fan you have quickly moved to the top of my favorite Shannon friends list. If you start to root for the Eagles though, I will be forced to revoke your status. Go Cowboys!!!