Monday, November 26, 2007

The Best Gifts Are Baked

Gift giving doesn't get much "greener" than baking gifts for family, friends, and neighbors. I love to give (and receive!) baked items during the holidays. Quick breads, cakes, cookies, candies. As I start more holiday baking, I'll share some of my favorite baked gift recipes.

I have been a fan of King Arthur flours (have you tried their white whole wheat? It is awesome.) for as long as I have been buying my own baking ingredients. I was naturally intrigued when I received The Baker's Catalogue from King Arthur Flour. I saw the bakeable paper pans in the catalog, and I knew I had to have some for gift giving this year. How cute will a loaf of quick bread look in theses pans with the recipe attached with a bit of ribbon?

The Baker's Catalogue has donated a set of 12 Paper Gift Bakers plus 3 of their new Bakeable Star Pans to be given to a Greenstylemom reader. To enter, comment on this post (be sure to leave an email address so I can contact you if you win!) and link to this post on your blog (if you don't have a blog, you can email 3 friends a link to this post and cc me on the email kristen at greenstylemom dot com). The contest will be open through next Tuesday, Dec 4th. A winner will be randomly drawn and announced on Wed, Dec 5th.

21 comments:

Dawn said...

Those are cute star baking forms. I love baking for the holidays and the delicious smells that fill the house.

Shannon said...

One of my Mom's favorite catalogs is King Arthur Flour. She uses their products often. I'll be linking to your post to enter. Thanks Kristen!

molly said...

Ive never heard of this catalog before, but I will definetly check out the paper baking pans! star shaped banana bread? fantastic! I am always so thrilled when the weather gets cool enough that warming up the house with the oven is a good thing. and how fun to get to enter a contest, ill put a link on my blog for sure.

Kind of Crunchy Mama said...

Count me in :-)

Kelly said...

Like Molly, I've never heard of the catalog either. Looks like I will definitely be checking that out. I love baking, especially at this time of year. Count me in for your contest! :)

~yolanda said...

Ooh, makes me want to pre-heat my oven. :-)

Ashlee said...

great idea for the yearly neighbor gifts! i'm tired of my usual decorated bags. count me in!

Penny said...

Thats cute!
I wonder if I can get that flour here.

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

very cool. please count me in. will add a link to my contest page. :)

shokufeh said...

I love King Arthur Flour. And those paper pans seem like an awesome idea.

erin said...

BRILLIANT!! i love the king and i love that he's smart enough to put out affordable, cute, giveaway baking items........... hmmmmm... i wasn't going to do bread this year, but i just might change my mind.
thanks for the idea.

angelaandconnor at gmail.com said...

Aww I love the stars.

I blogged ya too :
http://contestaddict.blogspot.com

Naomi said...

I was eyeing these in the Bakers Catalog... so cool!

Posted here:

http://superdumbsupervillain.blogspot.com/2007/09/win-stuff-this-week.html

Michele said...

Great incentive for baked holiday gifts!

Betsy said...

So cute!

Bebemiqui said...

I blogged ya
http://bebemiqui.blogspot.com/2007/11/contest-of-day_30.html

windycindy said...

Happy December! I have always loved the Baker's Catalog. My husband love to cook and bake. Sometimes, we cook and bake together. Please enter me in you fabulous contest. Thanks,Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Crystal said...

These paper baking pans are too cute! I'm planning on lots of edible gifts this year! I've never heard of the catalog either but I LOVE King Arthur's flour! I'm linking your post to enter!
kittlelyn(@)aol(dot)com

Elizabeth said...

So i am very happy i have never heard of this company but you can count me in. I love to give baked goods at Christmas and this is perfect. Thanks

Laura @ Laura Williams' Musings said...

Great giveaway!

blogged ya: http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2007/12/saturday-edition-of-contests-galore.html

Anonymous said...

Hey, Laura! How did I miss this on your blog? lol! Anyway I blogged it...http://forum.scrapfriends.us/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=7&showentry=661 love papercrafts AND baking so how could I resist?

cutlers819 (at) verizon (dot) net !