Wednesday, November 21, 2007

It's a Day

I'm not having the greatest of days...

  • I have a nasty cough and a bit of a stuffed nose
  • The decongestant I took last night before bed kept me awake from 2-4am.
  • Jack kept me awake from 4-5am.
  • I haven't had internet access for several days (which was a good thing!) but now I am behind on emails again (I am perpetually behind, huh?)
  • I left my laptop power cord at my father-in-law's house, so no laptop
  • I forgot to pack the skirt I was going to wear for Thanksgiving dinner.
  • I forgot my cell phone charger at home, but I did remember my car charger.
  • I forgot to charge my cell phone with my car charger on our long car trip yesterday.
  • This morning while trying to charge my cell phone in the car, I locked my kids in the car with the keys in the ignition! Fortunately the car wasn't actually running.
  • And that is all by 10am!

BUT it is Matt's birthday today! The day can only get better because we have a birthday party this evening with chili, presents, and a pecan pie birthday "cake" planned.

7 comments:

Everyday Yogini said...

Oh Kristen. Happy Thanksgiving, friend~ it's bound to get better.

I'm sorry but I did have to giggle about locking your kids in the car. :) That will be funny to you in a few days...

Kind of Crunchy Mama said...

What a day. Hope it gets better for your birthday celebration :-)

shokufeh said...

That -is- quite a morning. But I think it's true that it can only get better, and that it's good to just focus on that. Happy Thanksgiving and birthday celebrating!

Jen Steubing said...

Ohhh...that does not sound fun, but let's look at the bright side...
-At mom's+not feeling well+terrible night=perfect excuse to take multiple "naps" during the day.
-Forgot your skirt to wear tomorrow=great reason to go shopping (of course, alone, b/c you're not feeling well, don't even want to go, and surely can't handle the kids too).
-No cell phone charger, except the one in the car=great excuse to just sit in the quiet car alone.
-And although no internet access can be a relief temporarily, I understand the burden of catching up.
Hehe! I think Kristen deserves lots of quiet alone time to rest! :)
And Happy Birthday to Matt!

Penny said...

Oh deary...

Go shopping for a new skirt - that will cheer you up ;) Well it would me.

Shannon said...

Oh - I'm sorry Kristen! Joe is sick too (I think I'm on my way to getting the same bug) and I was up all night with Riley if that is any consolation...

Happy Birthday Matt!

Hope your Thanksgiving is just wonderful!

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

hugs. i hope your day got better!

happy b'day to matt.
and happy thanksgiving to you all.

btw, i have my holiday gift guide (with a giveaway) up. :)