Tuesday, November 27, 2007

10 Tips

The Green Mommy is collecting 100 tips to save the planet to celebrate her 100th post. She came up with the first 50 and is asking readers to come up with the next 50. Here is my 10 tip contribution (I tried to choose tips that aren't already on Jenny's list).

  1. Ride your bike
  2. Use the library
  3. Bring your own bag
  4. Use hand-me-downs (okay, those who know me can quit laughing... I would use hand-me-downs if I had someone to give them to me! At least I pass most of my kids' clothes on to become hand-me-downs.)
  5. Bring your own mug to the coffee shop
  6. Use scrap paper for all your lists (I probably save a forest a year doing this!)
  7. Breastfeed
  8. Hand pull your weeds instead of using chemicals
  9. Carefully choose the companies you support when buying new
  10. Teach your children how to care for the earth

And check out the Eco-Bag instructions on Penny's Walking Upside Down blog! I love the bag that she made for me. The stamping is SO cute!

The kids and I are headed home today (finally!) to join Matt who went home on Saturday. I'm ready to see the mountains again.

5 comments:

Kind of Crunchy Mama said...

Hey, I tagged you for a meme :-)

Penny said...

I'm so lucky to have quite a few folks who pass on clothes to me for the kids - ones that are hardly worn, and are brands that are usually out of my budget!

Must bike more....

Jenny said...

Hey Thanks for participating! Good tips too. I love #2.

Jayanthi said...

I have three-

Ask the hotel staff if they recycle- they may take them if you give them to them (as I did).

Don't buy plastics that your area doesn't recycle (ie. in my county they only recycle #1 and #2, suprizing how much is not 1 or 2).

Don't use styrofoam!

Sara said...

I wish I had clothes hand me downs but no luck. You would be proud of me as I have been refusing plastic bags at stores. Not for groceries but for everything else. Today the gave me this huge bag for a little bottle of tylenol. I took it out and said it was ok I didn't need it..LOL

When I get the chance I will see about getting some bags for groceries but with the holidays I don't have the extra cash.