Saturday, October 13, 2007

Tink's Tutu

So Kate wanted to be Tinkerbell for Halloween. And she wanted the dress to be "poofy." I did some looking on the internet, including EBay, for a Tinkerbell costume. None of them seemed to be "just right" and most were pretty pricey. I also like costumes to look a bit original, so I decided to make the costume myself.

I purchased a green leotard from Danskin (I'm not that crafty!) and made a green tulle tutu using these directions. I had planned on making the wings myself, but when I saw that premade wings and a sparkle star wand at the craft store were $1.99, I bought those instead. The tutu took me less than an hour to make, and Kate LOVES her costume. I have a feeling she'll be wearing a variation of this costume for the next several years (yellow & black as a bumblebee, red as a ladybug, pink as a ballerina, etc). I have a little tulle leftover so I might even make a tiny one for my niece.

So without further ado, here's my Tink...





Jack is going to be Peter Pan. After looking at directions for making a Peter Pan costume, I bought one... And if you missed Kate's comments on what MY costume should be, go back and read this post.

11 comments:

Marie Green said...

Great costume. And beautiful pictures! I really love that last one.

Kind of Crunchy Mama said...

That came out great. Mine wants to be Tink too. But she already has a store bought dress up one she got as a birthday gift. Yours is way nicer.

Mom2Cass said...

omgoodness, Cass is being Tinks too!

Super cute costume, we found ours at Sams and "embellished" it. :)

Cute pics.

Stacy

erin said...

I LOVE TULLE!! i wish i could wear it every day...... (i guess i should have considered that when i bought MY costume... oh well!) nice job making your own skirt. it's great!

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

what a beautiful costume! nice job, mama. :)

and i LOVE that last picture. great perspective.

amy

Jessie said...

I love making tutus for little girls - I made 1 for my daughter when she was 6 months old and I took pictures of her in it and then some for nieces at Christmas time. Can you believe what they are asking for them after you made one? Almost makes me want to try selling a few ya know? Great job - she is a doll! Love the last picture with the jet trail!

Ashlee said...

gorgeous! the costume and the daughter! i didn't realize you were so crafty!

Penny said...

so cool! great work!

tegdirb92 said...

that is gorgeous!! you did a great job. My daughter loves Tinkerbell.

Stephanie said...

how lovely. My daughter loves dress up that is frilly and poufy too.

Thanks for joining Make it From Scratch!

Lesha said...

Cute costume!