Monday, October 08, 2007

Monday Menu Planner

I stuck to my menu planning pretty well last week! Hope I can repeat for this week!

Monday - Grilled Halibut with Black Bean & Papaya Salsa (I have a papaya that I need to use quick)

Tuesday - EV's Veggies - this is one of my favorite meals from my friend Elizabeth who was the first to teach me about vegetarianism. I feel so healthy when I eat it. The recipe is below.

Wednesday - Calzones using a my favorite whole wheat pizza dough recipe (filling will be ricotta, mozzarella, broccoli and maybe some veggie pepperoni)

Thursday - Date Night! Kids will have baked chicken and some kind of veggie.

Friday - Sweet Potato Soup (recipe below) with a whole grain bread from a local bakery. We'll eat the leftovers for lunch this weekend.

Visit Org Junkie for more menu ideas!



EV’s Veggies

This recipe isn't exact, but I've given some rough estimates.

Onion - 1 chopped
Garlic - 1 clove minced
Olive oil - a few tablespoons
Fresh spinach - 1 container
Tomato - 1-2 chopped
Oregano - 1-2 tsp
Salt/pepper - to taste
Feta cheese
Brown rice

Cook brown rice as directed.

Brown chopped onion and garlic in olive oil. Add spinach and cook down. Add tomato, oregano, s/p and simmer. Add feta cheese before serving over rice.



Cream of Sweet Potato Soup
6-8 servings

4lbs sweet potatoes
8 c water
1/3 c butter
½ c tomato sauce
2 T half-n-half
2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
dash thyme
1 c cashews

Peel potatoes, cut into pieces, boil in water until soft about 30 min.

Blend smooth.
Combine rest of ingredients.
When boils, reduce heat and simmer until ready to serve.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Nice menu! The sweet potato soups sounds very soothing. Have a great week!

Sharon said...

Thank you for posting the EV Veggie recipe! I will be trying that soon. Have you ever substituted the spinach for another veggie?

We're incorporating more and more meatless meals into our plan. Right now we do 2-3 a week. Maybe one day I will be a vegetarian...

Great menu. Have a fun date night!

Shannon said...

YUM. We will have to try your veggie recipe and your soup recipe. Thanks for sharing...I am still planning to try your maple tofu recipe from a previous week too...

justkc said...

I keep seeing yummy looking sweet potato and squash soups - it must be fall!

mamasutra said...

The calzones and the halibut with salsa both sound wonderful. I also recently read Eat Pray Love and made the switch to re-usable bags at the grocery store. Lots of postive changes! Have a wonderful week!

Penny said...

Tasty!

Sandra said...

Great menu, everything looks yummy!

Menu Plan

Sea said...

Great menu! I just made a sweet potato peanut soup that was really good... it really is fall, isn't it? Yum!

-sea
www.bookofyum.com