Sunday, October 21, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

I am going to miss my mom cooking all our meals! I wish I had a personal chef...
Monday - Last Meal From Mom!
Tuesday - Baked chicken breasts, steamed broccoli, paprika fries (recipe below)
Wednesday - Homemade mac-n-cheese (recipe below - new one my mom made last week), fruit salad, seeduction rolls from Whole Foods
Thursday - Kids Only Meal - pasta with tomato sauce and frozen peas
Friday - Southwestern Risotto (recipe is at home. I'll post it later)

Paprika Oven Fries
Preheat oven to 450. Cut 3 large potatoes into 1 inch wide wedges. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes with 3T canola oil, and 2tsp paprika, season with coarse salt, and ground pepper.
Bake potatoes in a single layer, cut sides down, until they loosen easily from the sheet, about 25 min. Turn the potatoes, cont to bake them until fork-tender and crisp 25-30 min more

My Mom’s Mac-N-Cheese
1 12oz package small elbow macaroni
1 egg, slightly beaten
16 oz small curd cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
3T chopped onion
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ cup chopped pimentos, drained
8 oz grated cheddar cheese

Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
Combine other ingredients and add to cooked macaroni. Pour into a greased 9x13 dish and bake in a preheated 350 oven for 30-40 min. Serves 8-10

8 comments:

Natalie said...

I saw Whole Foods on your post and turned green with envy! I just went there for the first time when we were in Denver earlier this month and fell in love with that place...we're so far east it's almost Kansas, too far away. I'll post my chicken recipe this week sometime. Have a good week!

Penny said...

I love it when other people cook for me ;)

Your menu sounds good.

Everyday Yogini said...

Have you tried the smoked spanish paprika from Penzey's? I'm going to try your fries with that tonight!! Safe travels back home, Kristen.

Ornery's Wife said...

This all looks so good! Your menus are always the first I head for! The fries look tasty. I think I am going to experiment with making some homemade exotic root veggie chips. The store bought are over $4.00 a bag, and now I'm hooked!

The mac and cheese looks good, too. I'll need to find some wheat free macaroni.

Have a good week!
TM

tegdirb92 said...

MMM, I have my eye ion those french fries!! delicious! Have a great Monday. Great meal plan.

Kelly said...

Yummy! I was browsing through blogs looking for menu ideas for this week. I think we'll be trying out the paprika fries. Thans for the idea!

Renee's Ramblings said...

It all looks so good! Thanks for sharing the recipes. Have a great week.

Jessie said...

We love mac-n-cheese at our house and will try your Mom's recipe - thanks!