Saturday, September 08, 2007

Busy Weekend

It is a busy, busy weekend for us.

Today I had my final mom's group run before our big race and then did a big shopping trip at Sam's as we are cooking the community meal Sunday. I know many people hate Sam's because it is part of the Walmart family, but I love it. Probably because it appeals to my crazy need to stock and horde food and other basic necessities (remind me to blog about my bird flu supplies sometime).

Not only our we cooking brunch for the community, but we are also incorporating a wedding brunch for my dear friend and neighbor who is getting married tomorrow. Matt and I have served enough brunches for the community that our meal plan is now pretty easy. We are serving rosemary chicken salad, mock tuna salad (for vegetarians), fruit assortment (pineapple, cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, grapes), veggie assortment (snap peas, baby carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, broccoli florets), bread assortment (from Whole Foods, one is gluten free), and a cheese platter (including my favorite local goat feta). For dessert we are having carrot wedding cake and ice cream. I'll post my chicken salad recipe soon. It is so yummy!

We spent the afternoon at the swimming pool. Trying to get in as much outdoor pool time as we can before the weather turns cooler and the pool closes. Tonight we attended the wedding reception for our friend (they are doing it a bit backwards... reception first, wedding second!); I visited with neighbors and held their newborn grand baby (so tiny, gave me a bit of the baby bug); and I prepared for my big race tomorrow (clothes ready, morning snack ready, car keys out, etc).

Sunday is going to be busy as well. Race in the morning, brunch and clean-up in the afternoon, and mom's running group potluck tomorrow evening.

Whew!

2 comments:

Penny said...

your meal sounds delicious!!!

Jessie said...

Chicken salad is my weakness, I am going to try yours - thanks for posting that recipe it sounds yummy!