Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Big Green Rabbit

My birthday was a good one. I'll share stories and pictures (and presents!) soon. Unfortunately, Kate started getting sick with an upset tummy late last night, so we skipped preschool today and are hanging out in my bed watching TV. We'll probably do that all day today. I have to admit that sometimes I like a good excuse to put them in front of the TV so I can get some stuff done around the house.

Speaking of TV, I'm pretty excited to see the debut of The Big Green Rabbit show next Monday on PBS. When I saw the first advertisement for the show, I got really excited thinking that it would be a children's show aimed at environmental issues. The online description says that it is a children's multimedia lifestyle brand dedicated to reducing childhood obesity and connecting children and nature. While I am certainly a proponent of creating good eating habits, I also hope there is an emphasis on nature as I think a connection with nature is one of the first steps to leading a more environmentally friendly lifestyle.

Can't wait to watch the first episode!

1 comment:

Penny said...

Interesting show idea :-)