Monday, September 10, 2007

The Best Chicken Salad Recipe Ever

We got lucky for our brunch yesterday. There was so much leftover chicken and salmon from the wedding reception the night before, that we just reheated it and served it for brunch! I now have LOTS of chicken to use up. And even though I didn't make the chicken salad, I thought I'd share the recipe anyway. My two favorite things about this recipe is substitution of yogurt from some of the mayo and the fresh rosemary from my garden!

Rosemary Chicken Salad

3 cups chopped chicken
1/3 cup copped green onion
1/4 cup chopped smoked almonds*
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup mayo
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Combine ingredients and stir well. Best if allowed to marinate a few hours or overnight. Goes really well with some flat bread crackers from a local bakery and a slice of cantaloupe.

*All the canned smoked almonds I have found have partially hydrogenated oils so I use a spice smoked almond (can't remember the exact name, starts with a "T") from the Whole Foods bulk section.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Yum! Think I can get smoked almonds in our bulk food section. Will have to have a look.

Anonymous said...

I have prepared the rosemary chicken salad several times. This is the only chicken salad recipe my husband will eat now. The flavors meld well, and it is delicious.