Thursday, August 23, 2007

Skin Deep

My friend Jennifer was visiting us a few weeks ago and introduced me to the Envrionmental Working Group's website Skin Deep that rates sunscreens and other cosmetics. I was really surprised to see the results of the sunscreen ratings. The top rated sunscreen is called Keys Soap, but it isn't waterproof which won't work for our family. (Their website also claims that they are a sunscreen for "sun avoiders" not people who want to be out in the sun - which would be us). The next best rated is Badger, a brand that I have heard of but never tried. Of course, most places are sold out of Badger sunscreen due to the report. I plan to try it once it is back in stock. I was happy to see that my current favorite brand of sunscreen California Baby also rated pretty high, however two other sunscreens that we use Kiss My Face and JASON didn't rate as well.


I can't wait to have the time to check out some other product ratings.

1 comment:

marybeth said...

i love that sight skin deep! isn't is crazy how much stuff has such crud in it? ugh.

mb