Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Race Update

Just over 2 weeks to the Race for the Cure. I went out Monday and ran the course. Since starting my official running program in July, my goal has gone from finishing the race to running the whole race to running it in sub 10min miles to running it in sub 9min miles, and now, after running the course, it is back to just finishing... Ugh! I can run the 5K on flat no problem, but the hills in the Garden of the Gods are hard! I have a few excuses. I did run it at 4 o'clock in the afternoon, it was HOT, and I wasn't fueled very well. I still didn't think it would be that difficult.

Last night my Moms in Motion running team met with an occcupational therapist Scott who specializes in sports medicine at Edge Rehab and Wellness. It was really interesting to meet with someone who knows so much about staying healthy in sports. The great thing about this place is not only do they do traditional physical therapy, but they also specialize in personalized wellness programs. I want Matt to meet with Scott to prepare for ski season.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Wow! GO you! I hate running, it's just not my sport so I admire folks how will even attempt such a thing :-)