Monday, August 27, 2007

C3


Carbon Conscious Consumer (C3) is a national climate campaign sponsored by the Center for a New American Dream that challenges individuals to establish climate-friendly daily habits and inspire their friends to do the same. Every month they have a new action that they ask for your to pledge. August's action is to downshift your driving and go car free one day a week.

Coincidentally, I made a pledge to myself at the beginning of this summer to drive our car as infrequently as possible. Matt gave me a cruiser bicycle as a Mother's Day gift, and we have a Chariot that doubles as a bike trailer and stroller. The kids and I have been faithful about biking whenever we can. To the library, the park, the grocery store, playgroup, to the ice cream shop, etc. We even biked to preschool last spring and will start again in a few weeks.

So take the challenge with me!

Carbon Conscious Consumer Logo

If you are interested in a bike trailer, I noticed that REI has the Chariots and accessories on sale for 20% off through Labor Day.

And thanks to magreen at the Green Parenting Blog for introducing me to C3!

1 comment:

Penny said...

go you! we need to get some sort of carrier for Tim now he's too big for his other seat.