Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Big Step

I took a big step (for me!) today and started the process of reactivating my Texas nursing license so that I can obtain a Colorado nursing license. I always thought that I wanted to be a SAHM, but I'm finding that I miss my career. My priorities will always be with my family, but I'd like to find something very flexible and very part time where I can use my brain and my skills. I have an idea, but I'm not quite ready to make it public yet. Gotta do a little more research first...

(as a side, I wanted to put some kind of nursing image up for this post so I searched Yahoo for a nurse image - Whoa! - not really the kind of images I was going for! Kinda reminds me of the time I wanted to learn about the genetics of red hair and Googled redheads! LOL)

2 comments:

Penny said...

Good on you Kristen. I totally can relate to the missing the intellectual side of careers. Is it a long process to reactivate?

In NZ it's quite a good career for mums with kids because you can get flexible shifts and stuff.

Ashlee said...

OK, you've got my attention!