After reading a bit about them, we went hunting after a picnic our first day in the park. Found nothing.
Fortunately Jack was gung-ho about our salamander hunt, and asked a ranger LOTS of questions about finding them. And find them we did! Most that we found were on our Grotto Falls hike, but we saw a few more out and about.
|Lots of fallen tree climbing on this trip|
Homeschool resources we used to learn about salamanders...
- Eyewitness DVD Amphibian
- Big Night for Salamanders by Sarah Marwil Lambstein
- Salamanders by Molly Kolpin
- Salamanders by John Woodward (from our library, couldn't find a link)
- The Salamander Room by Ann Mazer
- Salamanders by Grolier (another library book)
- Snakes, Salamanders and Lizards Take Along Guide
- The Great Smoky Mountain Salamander Ball by Lisa Horstman
- Creature Features Vol I: Salamanders, Frogs & Tadpoles, Toads, and Sea Turtles DVD (library)
- Two salamander reading comprehension from EdHelper